Immunotherapy: Long Term Treatment for Your Allergies
Allergy sufferers know how debilitating allergy symptoms can be. They can cause you to miss out on so much life has to offer. The good news, you no longer have to miss out on doing the things you love because of your allergies. Immunotherapy is a safe, effective treatment that allows you to live life how you want to live it.
What are allergies?
To understand how immunotherapy works it is important to know what allergies and allergic reactions are. When your body’s immune system notices a foreign substance that may be harmful, it releases antibodies that help to get rid of the substance to keep you safe. An allergic reaction is your body’s immune system reacting to a harmless foreign substance that it thinks is harmful. When your body attacks this harmless substance (allergen) it causes an allergic reaction that results in painful symptoms.
Common allergens include:
- Pet Dander - tiny pieces of skin that are shed from animals.
- Dust Mites - tiny organisms that cause some of the most common allergies.
- Pollen - spores that come from blooming trees and flowers.
- Mold - fungus that can live almost anywhere.
- Seasonal Allergies - can be caused by rain or wind bringing in allergens from surrounding areas during certain times of the year.
Common allergy symptoms:
- Itchy eyes
- Runny nose
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin rash
While most people just accept allergies as a way of life, long-term relief is possible.
Immunotherapy: Long-Term Allergy Treatment
Immunotherapy is used as a long-term treatment for allergies that can reduce allergy symptoms and may even get rid of your allergies altogether. Immunotherapy must be unique to you, which means that your immunotherapy plan will specifically treat the allergies you suffer from. We begin the immunotherapy process by performing a comprehensive allergy test, looking at your medical history, and discussing your goals. Once the allergy testing is completed, we can then create a unique immunotherapy plan that will reduce your symptoms and possibly get rid of your allergies completely.
- Retraining the immune system
- A rapid reduction of allergy symptoms
- The potential for long-term allergy elimination
- A treatment that meets your goals
What are the two types of immunotherapy?
Everyone has different needs and goals when it comes to treating their allergies. We can help you determine the best type of immunotherapy treatment that will meet your goals and lifestyle.
Allergy shots are a type of immunotherapy that involves injecting you with a tiny amount of your allergen every week to retrain your immune system. Allergy shots are an effective and safe solution, but they may not meet the needs of everyone's schedule.
Allergy drops are a convenient immunotherapy solution. They work the same as shots except the solution is placed under the tongue instead of injected. You can use allergy drops at your convenience, making them the preferred immunotherapy option for people with busy schedules.
Allergy Drops: The convenient allergy solution
Sublingual immunotherapy or allergy drops are the most convenient form of immunotherapy. They have minimal patient barriers and are preferred by most people. Allergy drops may be right for you if:
- You're always busy
- You hate shots
- You want symptom relief
- You are over six years old
- You are concerned about an allergic reaction to a shot
- You want to follow a daily treatment schedule at your convenience
- You are looking for a safe, effective, affordable, and convenient allergy solution
What are the benefits of sublingual immunotherapy?
It's Safe and Effective
- It's worked for decades
- Symptom relief often after a few weeks
- Reduced allergic reaction relief
- Possible side effects are mild and manageable
- Only visit the doctor's office a few times a year
- Save on transportation
- Spend less on over-the-counter medication
- Choose your own treatment time and location
- Administer the treatment yourself
- Stop missing time from work or school
- More time for yourself
Allergy Drops or Shots? It's Your Choice.
No matter your preferred immunotherapy method, at Frederick Breathe Free we will work with you to create a unique treatment plan that gets results.live the life you deserve